Krabi 2015

Embarking on a journey to Krabi and Phi Phi Island from mundane life from 16 June to 20 June. Wasn't the best island, but it was still a...

Embarking on a journey to Krabi and Phi Phi Island from mundane life from 16 June to 20 June. Wasn't the best island, but it was still a good experience. It was planned to be a lepak trip so we didn't do many activities furthermore it is monsoon period. Keep this travelogue real short, before heading back to Japan Part III.




UNDER WHOSE SHELTER


First night at Krabi, we stayed at Golden Moon at Aonang beach. Nice interior with white bedsheet (In case if you don't know, Jon has this weird habit that he only want his bedsheet to be white in colour) and it comes with free breakfast! When booking hotel, I would prefer my hotel doesn't provide breakfast so I can try out more local food but when I woke up in the morning, I get excited to eat hotel breakfast hahahahaha ya that is me. Anyway, it was around $30 per night, it is super worth it (lah)!









Yay. me.





That is their local breakfast


After that we took a boat to Phi Phi island and stayed for 3 nights. We stayed at PP Insula at Phi Phi Island. Facilities were good, cheap with prime location unlike those hotels up on the hill. Insula is near to the jetty, supermarket and restaurants are less than 100m walk. It is around $50 (I think) per night!





SEE WHITE BEDSHEET AGAIN!

When we were back on the mainland, we were stranded because Jon didn't book any hotels so we were walking on the street like those beggars dragging our belongings thinking where to go (Nah i was just kidding hahahaha). We ended up at Baan Andaman for the next 2 nights. I just realised I didn't take any photos of this hotel. Just imagine a room with a bed with white bedsheet. Located slightly away from Krabi town, it was good except the fact there were a lot of insects T.T As this hotel was cheaper and smaller, there is no swimming pool, we can actually go over to another hotel of their Dee Andaman Hotel Pool Bar to swim.




NOM NOM NOM

Foods aren't our main concern as we just want to try random thai street food. We did read up on reviews and we tried Cosmic and Grand Canyon (on Phi Phi island) which highly raved on Tripadvisor. There are two Cosmic and their menus are exactly the same. The one we tried was disappointing. So let pray the another is nice. Go for the one filled with more people. Grand Canyon Phi Phi was great, I would recommend it though it is slightly more expensive than usual. We had our dinner there, and came back for their breakfast on the next morning.






COSMIC | their foods can be better I only like their milk tea








Guess who joined us for breakfast *meow meow*



GRAND CANYON | One of the best meal









As for Ao Nang and Krabi we settled our meals with random thai food. Most of the time, we went to their night markets for dinner. And they tasted so awesome. Try their Thai Fishcake with Thai Chilli, Grilled Chicken, Pancakes and and and all their foods!






This chicken is damn niceeeeee




Damn niceeee until we went back to buy 2 more because we refused to share





this charsiew beehoon very nice from a shop in krabi town


DO WHAT ACTIVITIES


I really love Aonang because 1st: it is near to the beach, 2nd: there are a lot of street food around & 3rd: there are a lot of cheap places to shop. Just that I only have one night there. ):

It is totally not worth to go for group tour on Phi Phi Island. Firstly, their activities aren't as engaging as they claimed, it is wasting time. Secondly, it is too expensive. Especially when you travel with friends. Go for their private boat and remember to nego nego and nego! Did I forget to mention Krabi is one of the best island to party. Their liquors are cheap and there is no entrance fee to their parties! There are plenty of parties to join! You just drink and join in the fun! Was a bit high (opps) so I didn't take photo of their party.



Mojito at SGD 8 so big and so cheap


Yummy chicken bits

As for Krabi Town, we rented a car so we can travel to different places at the shortest time. We went to Huay Toh Waterfall, Natural Hot Spring and took 1,237 steps up to Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Suea). Just google them for more information. I believe you are smart enough. XD Also, please take note there is park entrance fee for Huay Toh Waterfall and Natural Hot Spring. Don't forget to shop at their night markets! :D



Huay Toh Waterfall | the water is freezing cold



Natural Hot Spring






Tiger Cave Temple


Feel free to ask me questions and I will try my best to answer. I shall end this travelogue here. Hopefully this would help you to plan your krabi trip. Nevertheless I prefer Boracay to Krabi and I am planning to go back next year. I am finding my motivation to start Japan Part III meanwhile you can read Japan Part I and Part II first.

0 comments