Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... Finally his birthday is here after waiting for a year because I didn't really plan any surprise ...

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Finally his birthday is here after waiting for a year because I didn't really plan any surprise for him last year when he gave me a huge box of birthday presents. Teehee so this year must plan a surprise celebration for him. (Yeah I am a lousy gf. Too bad!)

I seldom blog/talk about him or us on social media partly because I didn't really like to tell the whole world about my relationship and I don't need your comments about my relationship but the main reason is he hates to take photos. If you follow me on Twitter you will see my random tweets about him (when he gets too irritating or too cute. But he always say I taught him how to irritate me because I always have my ways to irritate him. HAHAHAHAHAHA)

I was actually planning to bring him to cat cafe since he likes cats (pretty much) but we didn't make it so we ended up going for lunch and movie.

I brought him to Five and Dime. It is one of recommended cafe by Lady Iron Chef. We aren't disappointed at all. It is really a very nice place to have your carefree lunch.





We ordered Salmon Rocket for Starter with Eggs Benny and Mentaiko Cheese Toasties as our main. And we totally love our foodies. (Kinda sucks to write this blog post in the middle of night while waiting for my hair to dry because all the foods make me hungry)



One selfie while waiting for our food!

Finally the food are here~


Salmon Rocket (SGD15)
You've no idea how wonderful is this starter. Cooked on the outside and raw on the inside together with arugula leaves
you just want to keep eating and ordering it. Totally value for money and fat!



Eggs Benny (SGD16)
The best part of this dish is the poached egg. The chef controlled the fire so well that it gave the eggs a defined egg white 
and egg yolk streaming down when you accidentally break it.


Mentaiko Cheese Toasties (SGD14)
The combination of the mentaiko sauce and the toasted panini bread with cheese makes you can't forget the uniqueness of this dish.

Our meal costed about $50 after GST and service charge which we think it is still reasonable for the ambience, food quality as well as the services provided. If you asked me are the foods there value for money, I would say some dishes are not worth ordering especially their dessert (going at SGD12 for a piece of cake) which somehow I think it is really a bit too overprice. Still, if the quality of the cake is worth $12 then I am willing to pay for it. But I don't have the gut to try a $12 cake. Hahahahahahahaha

After lunch we headed to Great World City to catch Transcendence; a really nice movie with a unexpected twisted plot (7/10 on imdb). I shall not be a spoiler for a nice movie. I don't know how to describe the movie so watch the trailer yourself! Remember to catch it before too late!

Okay end of this birthday post. It would be longer if we made it to the cat cafe so sad we didn't. I was waiting eagerly to play with cats. It's okay! I will go there one day. I hope the photo of the foods didn't make you hungry! *wink*

Bye till the day we meet.

To Ling only: Happy birthday my irritating baobao Ling! Thank you for being the one to be there for me when I was at my lowest. I hope you love the surprises I planned for you and enjoyed yourself throughout. We have many birthdays to celebrate it together! <3

0 comments