Bangkok with Hang & co

I am writing this post when I already missing him so much #whatistheproblemwithme. Today marks the first day without his regularly texting, ...

I am writing this post when I already missing him so much #whatistheproblemwithme. Today marks the first day without his regularly texting, and I am glad he is doing fine in camp; his buddy is his secondary school friend and he told me his platoon mates are friendly too. "Don't give people your default face." "I won't. After I know you, I am friendlier." Moving on, before this blog post has to change title. I will be fine soon.

We didn't do much as we only have 3 and half days over there. Furthermore, Bangkok is different from Japan, I don't have many pretty photos, so it gonna be short post.



First of all, introducing our hotel: The Yard Hostel. An interesting hostel concept where they renovate a container (no no not those small container, yes shipping container) into a room. They offer many types of room: Private Garden (for 2) & Private Room for 4 and if you are cool enough to find new friends: 4 Mix Dorm & 6 Girls Mix Dorm.

The owner is very friendly, she greeted us whenever she saw us be it early in the morning 8 am or as late as 2 am. I will let the photos to tell you the story of this beautiful hostel. However this wonderful hostel has one and only disadvantage: toilets are shared. There is no toilet in your room


THE ROOM








I think I look cool like this.


THE GARDEN











As for shopping, we headed to the usual places such as Chutuchak Weekends Market, Platinum Mall as well as Rod Fai Night Market. If you have the time, I am recommending this market but most of the taxi drivers will reject to fetch using meter. We paid around 320 Baht using meter including toll from Aoi so if you have to quote, quote around 350 Baht including toll.



Some selfies before we continue? Hahahahaha


We didn't specially travel for our meal, we usually settled at random thai restaurants or thai street food but here are some foods that worth going back again. For the first night right after we touched down, Hang was craving for Mookata so we went to Pla Tong Mookata. It is one of the cheapest mookata buffet in Bkk, going at 159 Baht per pax. I prefer their cooked food to their raw meats. Do not expect high quality meats, you know you get what you paid for. Nevertheless, their foods are decent and there are a huge variety of foods. For images and reviews, please google it.


“都到 bangkok,也应该吃一点好的” so we decided to have our one and only expensive meal at Som Tam Nua. I wouldn't say it is expensive, but living in bkk having thai food at Singapore price is expensive. It is located at Siam Square top floor.









If you google After You cafe, you will see a lot of nice photos and excellent reviews. Kelvin's friend encouraged us to give it a try, I would say it was one of the best decision we made. Located at Siam Paragon, right beside Siam Square, basement. Same as Som Tam Nua, prices are around sg price. Oh, we were wondering why they have giant lava cake until we get the lava cake on our table, it is sooooo tiny, smaller than my palm. Their strawberry crumbles are small too. ):












Some random yummy thai milk tea and green milk tea on the street


We tried rainbow shot and rainbow bomb as Hang was pestering us to go try. Also, we went to Insanity to experience Bkk nightlife. You won't see tons of youngsters there, mainly the working crowds or tourists thus the atmosphere is very different as compared to sg. Oh if you are heading to Insanity, they have happy hours from Monday to Thursday 9pm to 12am, bottles going at half price and drinks at 99 Baht each. Ladies night is on Thursday. Ladies, you still have to pay cover just that you have extra one drink. Covers are 200 Baht for ladies and 300 Baht for gentlemen.



Okay I am done with this. Time to go back to work and missing Hang. I will be back soon in case you don't know I am trying to revive this dead space of mine.

0 comments