Japan 2015 Part I

Trust me, the only reason (not) why this post is so delayed because I don't know how to start but now I started with this sentence. Unli...

Trust me, the only reason (not) why this post is so delayed because I don't know how to start but now I started with this sentence. Unlike the usual long post about my 14 days in Japan, this travelogue emphasizes on the places worth going, activities worth trying, foods worth eating and in between some beautiful scenery! If possible, I will add in some tips. :D #fyi I went Japan from 15 March to 29 March, one week in Hokkaido another week in Tokyo. Temperature ranging from 0 degree to 10 degree in Hokkaido and 5 degrees to 20 degrees in Tokyo.

I will be dividing the travelogue into 3 different posts (see how it goes first hahahaha).

1st day: 15 March 2015
We took a 8.05am plane from Singapore and reach Hanada Airport around 2pm but Japan is an hour ahead (GMT +9) We walked around the airport while waiting our next flight to Sapporo/Chitose at 6.30pm.






Plus point: everything is real.



Landed at Sapporo/Chitose Airport around 7.45pm and we took train to Sapporo! It is expensive to take train in Japan, where their train fare starting from 170 YEN (SGD 1.93) to 1,000+ YEN. We took Limited Express (特急) which the train only stop at major stations, spending 1,070 YEN (SGD 12) per person to our station. But I love two things about Japan Metro. One: they have Rapid (快速) train which the train skips some stations to save time on travelling. #TIPS so be careful when taking train especially when Rapid train does not stop at your desired station. Two: their trains are super on time. They have a timetable for us to check for the timing. WHEN SG TRAIN WOULD BE SO GOOD?

We stayed at Holiday Inn Ana Sapporo Susukino for two nights. It was great, clean, tidy and CHEAP. I didn't took many photos of the hotel then it get really messy. And because it is near to red light district of Sapporo (we saw so many R21 hotels around), there are many restaurants open till late night.


"Eh, go away leh. I want to take photo!" "But I want to get featured!"




We had ramen for our dinner. If I not wrong, there is a ramen street about 300m away from our hotel. Hokkaido is famous for their fresh seafood. You can find all kinds of seafood such as crab, scallop, lobster, sea urchin and etc in their daily food.








2nd day: 16 March 2015
We ate the whole day on the second day at Sapporo. In the morning, we went for their food market where fresh seafood is sold and had our breakfast there. I had salmon don and Jon had his luxury breakfast early in the morning. #TIPS There are many restaurants offer English menu, but do keep their Japanese menu so you can compare their prices and have more food varieties especially when it is picture menus.



Snow snow snow so beautiful!













His sea urchin, snow king crab meat, scallop and favourite roe


After breakfast, we went for a walk then decided to head to town before going for our buffet dinner (yes. we make decision on what to eat before deciding where to go.) and we ate sushi before our buffet. I have to say sushi are tastier in Japan. One random #TIPS there are Daiso at Japan, even they said all items at 100 YEN but that is not the case! I almost got cheated. Furthermore, the 100 YEN is not inclusive of 8% tax! Nevertheless, it is cheaper than sg Daiso.





This crab shit tastes awfully nice. You should totally try it!

And here comeeee our dinner buffet at Nanda Seafood Buffet Restaurant, around SGD 40 per pax. Everything is free flow except the time. For that 90 mins, I totally forget how to eat with utensils, eating everything with hands. #MEGATIPS please prepare a thick glove (eg: those gloves which the durian uncles wear when they are holding the durian) so you can eat the crab and snow king crab legs with ease and a big plastic bag to keep your winter wear (you won't want them to smell like bbq). And no, those photos were taken after our dinner. Nobody aint time to take photos.














Day 3: 17 March 2015
Keeping this day short. Jon rented a car from Times Car Rental Sapporo, approximately SGD 40 per day. #TIPS having a car is very important in Hokkaido especially when you are going to ski. You will know why and will thank me 10,000 times. Make your rental reservation before you fly. After spending 3 hours to pack our luggage and retrieving the car, we are on our way to Kutchan! We stopped by at different places to walk around. #whyitisgoodtogofreeandeasy Another #TIPS if you have no idea where to go, you can visit their tourist centre.








Look at his grin when he finally reunited with his onsen




After roaming everywhere, we finally reached Niseko and decided to check in our hotel before dinner. Niseko is the most famous ski resort in Japan and there are 4 ski resorts - Grand Hirafu, Niseko Village also known as Higashimaya, Annupuri and Moiwa. We stayed at One Niseko Hotel, nearest to Niseko Village. They offer onsen and breakfast, not to mention their room is huge.







#TIPS Japan starts their day early and end their day early too. Sleep early and wake up early so you won't waste half a day. Contacted the ski rental and after getting our ski instruments, we went for dinner and onsen. I love onsen! I was expecting an awkward atmosphere as everyone have to be fully naked however when I get in, everyone is doing their things naked. Nobody really cares about you #nofuckisgiven. After onsen, we headed back for early sleep and be ready for ski on the next day!


Okay I shall continue Day 4 to 8 in Part II. Following this pattern, I think i need 4 parts. Anyway, if you have any questions, you can ask me via ask.fm or ftf. I will try to ask Jon for you. He planned the whole trip even thou I always say "我会帮你 plan 的" in the end i just surf web. But it wasn't my fault because he is too good at planning. I will be back on next Sunday. *wink*

Disclaimer: Anything featured here is worth trying, eating and exploring.





PART I PART II  PART III PART IV
Read other parts here

0 comments